We Are Open For Business and Actively Processing Documents

Certified Document Translation

Certified Document Translation

Certified translations are simply a translation that has been done by a translator with the appropriate certification. A certified translator will stamp the translation with their seal and certificate. In Canada, certification of translators is done at the provincial level, so each province will have its own separate certification body.

Do I need to have my documents translated?

Document Authentication

Global Affairs Canada requires that any documents that are not in English or French be translated into one of these languages by a certified translator before they are authenticated. This applies to documents that are partially in English or French and partially in another language. Contact us if you have any questions about whether your document needs to be translated before authentication.

Document Legalization

Each embassy and consulate sets its own requirements regarding translation. Some require the translation of any document that is not in their official language, some require the translation of specific types of documents, and some generally don’t require translations. Contact our friendly staff to determine what translation requirements apply to your specific situation.


What is a Certified Translation?

A certified translation can only be provided by a certified translator! A certified translator is a unique and reserved title for members who have qualified and registered with the association of translators in their province/state.

What is a Certified Translation?

A certified translator can provide an official and accurate translation of a document from a specific language to another language. A Canadian certified translator will have applied and passed the tests to become certified with a specific provincial or territorial association of translators and interpreters. In most cases, translations must be prepared by a Canadian Certified Translator to meet the criteria of Global Affairs Canada and most diplomatic missions.

Contact our friendly staff to find out more about how we can help with the translation of your documents.

Do I need to translate my document before Global Affairs Canada will authenticate it?

Global Affairs Canada will authenticate an official document that is written in English or French. If your document contains a foreign language however, it will need to be certified by a Canadian certified translator. If the document is completely written in a foreign language, you will also need to provide a certified English or French translation. The translation should be made by a Canadian certified translator in order for it to be accepted.

We can obtain the certified translation on your behalf. Speak to one of our experts to find out more.

Do I need to translate my document before I have it legalized?

There are circumstances where a certified translation is required and must be submitted along with the original for legalization. This requirement can depend on the purpose of the document or the supporting document requirements of the diplomatic mission in question.

Global Affairs Canada also has a requirement that any document containing a foreign language must be certified by a Canadian Certified Translator. It may also be the recipient abroad who has asked you to provide a certified translation along with the legalized document.

We would be happy to help you find a certified translator or handle the translation as a part of our services. Contact us for your free consultation.

Get A Quote With Free Document Review