We Are Open For Business and Actively Processing Documents


Authentication and Legalization of Canadian Commercial Documents.  What are the Common Export Commercial Documents?

Canadian exporters to international market are required to complete the authentication and legalization of Canadian commercial documents.  This process requires that some of the commercial documents to be stamped by Global Affairs Canada as well as the embassy for the country that the goods are destined.  This process is knows as document authentication and legalization, Apostille or Attestation.  In other words, the Canadian Apostille Process.

Types of export certificates

Health or sanitary certificate

Health or sanitary certificates are government to government certificates that include information about the product, its health status and the consignor.  

Inspection certificate (Canadian)

Inspection certificates are developed by Canada to attest that the product complies with Canadian standards, for example: certificate of origin and hygiene, product grading certificates, standard meat product certificates, etc.  Consignment for countries or products with no known requirements may be issued inspection certificates, but these consignments are at commercial risk.  The importer in the destination country can tell you if an inspection certificate is required.

Certificate of free sales

A certificate of free sales attests that, in accordance with the Safe Food for Canadians Act (SFCA) and Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR), the products are required to:

  • Originate from a manufacturer licensed to produce food for sale in Canada and/or for export;
  • Have been produced by a manufacturer in good regulatory standing with a food safety control plan and traceability system in place;
  • And, be safe for human consumption.

The importer in the destination country is able to tell you if a certificate of free sale is required.

Radiation certificates

The radiation certificate (Certificate of Inspection Radiation Content) is a government to government certificate attesting to the safe level of radiation in the exported food.   Only CFIA will be issuing the radiation certificates for food exports.  CFIA will issue radiation certificates when required by the importing country.  The Certificate of Inspection Radiation Content will also attest that food commodities produced in Canada.

It is the responsibility of the Canadian exporter to find out from the destination country if a radiation certificate is required.

We at Document Legalization of Canada have the experience in authentication and legalization of those documents for use at the importing country.  Call us at 1-888-700-5342 or email us [email protected]

Legalization of Canadian documents for Use Abroad.  Why Do I Need to Authenticate & Legalize my Canadian Document?

In order to validate your document to be use at a foreign country it must be legalized at the country’s embassy where it will be used.

Legalization makes documents suitable for use in another country.  To legalize a document, the competent authorities sign and stamp it.  Several different and complex steps may be needed to complete the process.  Most countries have standards for this.    Legalization shows that:

  • The document was issued by a competent and recognizable authority.
  • The signature, seal and/or stamp on the document are genuine.
  • The document’s format is correct.

The steps needed to have the document legalized is complex and time consuming.   Legalizing a document involves taking certain steps in a certain order. 

We at Document Legalization of Canada can help you in this complex and time consuming process.  Our expert document agent have several years of experience in their fields.   Rest assured that your document will be valid in the country where you intended to use it.

TESOL, TEFL, TESL Certificates Apostille Canada – Global Affairs of Canada Authentication Department (JLAC)

Teaching English overseas require you to authenticate and legalize (Canada Apostille) your credentials.  Three types of certificate to teach English abroad.  These are TESL, TEFL, and TESOL Certificate.   Each of these certificates are designed to teach English to individual whose first language is not English.   Teacher must be cautious when taking courses that will award these types of certificates.  If you have been asked to have these credentials authenticated by Global Affairs Canada and then legalized by a particular destination countries Embassy.

Couple of years ago, Global Affairs Canada (previously known as Department of Foreign Affairs, and International Trade) has made changes on authentication of those certificates (TESL, TEFL, and TESOL).  The examiner in the authentication department of Global Affairs will confirm that the certificate has been issued by an educational institution that is recognized by a Canadian Provincial Ministry of Education body.  If the document is not issued from a recognized institution, then it will not be authenticated.  

Our office has been authenticating and legalizing Canadian documents (Canadian Apostille Process) for use in foreign countries.  Our expert document specialist are familiar with the various teaching credentials such as TESL, TEFL, and TESOL Certificates.  We handle both the authentication of documents (Apostille) with Global Affairs Canada and legalize with an Embassy or Consulate.

Feel free to reach out to our office either by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 1-888-700-5342

Document Attestation for UAE Good Conduct Certificate

When you apply to become a permanent resident of Canada or are headed to work in the UAE, you will need a Certificate of Good Conduct or better known Police Clearance from the UAE.  They use this document to find out if you have a criminal record.  It will help them make sure you’re not inadmissible to country in which you are heading to.

What is a Certificate of Good Conduct?

A Certificate of Good Conduct also known as Police Certificate is a statement that you don’t have a criminal record.  Police certificate are different in each country.  They may be called:

  • Police clearance certificate
  • Good conduct certificate
  • Judicial record extracts

A Certificate of Good Conduct is issued to an expat by their country of origin.  They need this when they are planning to go to UAE on a work visa.  If you’ve lived in the UAE for a period of time, you’ll need one when coming to Canada.  It can feel confusing at first, but we’re here to help! Call our Document Expert Agent at 1-833-700-5342 or email us: [email protected] and they will guide you into the process.

What Document Do I need?

To get a Good Conduct Certificate, you’ll need the following:

  • Fingerprint form with all ten fingerprints
  • Two color passport photos
  • Passport from your country of origin
  • Application for Good Conduct Certificate

Appostile of documents

You’ll need to have the document authenticated and then legalized, but with Fingerprint Form can be different.  Below are the steps and requirements for the authentication and legalization (attestation) of your Fingerprint Form:

Go to your nearest Canadian Police station to fill it out and stamp your fingerprints, then the form must be notarized.  This step must be completed before proceeding with authentication and legalization service. 

Next, you’ll need to have your Fingerprint Form authenticated by Global Affairs Canada or formerly knows as Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa.  After you have it authenticated you can then have it legalized at the UAE Embassy in Canada.

We’re Here to Help You

Want to have peace of mind and make the entire process easier? Bring your document to our Expert Document Agents, and we’ll help you with every step of the way.  Once you have your Good Conduct Certificate, you can get security for certain jobs and even become a citizen.  Feel free to contact us at 1-833-700-5342 or email us at [email protected] with any questions you have, and we’ll be happy to help you.

Name Change Certificate Authentication and Legalization Following a Legal Name Change – Apostille Name Change

Many people change their name when they are getting married, divorced other they do for a personal or professional reasons.  In Canada changing your name involve different procedures depending on your age and other circumstances.  The law governing name change is the Change of Name Act.

Upon having all your documents in order, you will need to submit them to Global Affairs Canada to be authenticated.  Once they are authenticated it must be submitted to the embassy of the country that your document requiring the update from.  Each foreign embassy has their own procedures for having specific documents legalized and as a result, you will need to be aware of your embassy’s particular process. 

While the procedure of authentication and legalization of Name Change Certificate appear easy, going through the process is a complex task.  Using our service at Document Legalization of Canada we can save you money, time and significant due diligence.  Doing the process on your own will take you weeks through Global Affairs Canada to have them authenticate your document if they are not prepared as per their guidelines.   Call our Document Expert Agent at 1-833-700-5342 or email us at [email protected] for a free quote.

Apostille – Attestation of Canadian Documents for A Qatar Work Visa

Canada and Qatar have enjoyed uninterrupted diplomatic relations since 1974.  In Canada, Qatar is represented by the Embassy of the State of Qatar in Ottawa.  Qatar opened its embassy in Canada in 2011 while Canada’s embassy in Qatar opened in 2012.

Qatar, a small peninsula nation with a population of 2.7 million, is a key partner for Canada in the Gulf region.  Both countries share friendly bilateral relations and have strong trade and investment ties.  Qatar is the world’s largest exporter of liquefied natural gas, the energy sector remains Qatar’s main economic driver.

We are the pioneers of authentication and legalization services in Canada.  Since our beginning over 5 years we have helped thousands of our clients with their affairs in Qatar.  We have strong relationship with the consular staff at the Embassy of Qatar here in Ottawa and are officially recognized by both the embassy and Global Affairs Canada as a trustworthy, professional service provider.  Our Expert Document Agent ensure that your documents are properly authenticated and legalized for use in Qatar.  We are expert on every Canadian document for use in Qatar such as Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate, Power of Attorney, University Degrees, Diplomas, Transcripts, Letter of Confirmation, Police Criminal Record Check, and Fingerprint Forms.  Authentication at Global Affairs Canada can take as long as 20 business days.  This is on top of the processing time at the embassy of Qatar which can vary.   

Qatar is an attractive work destination for Canadians.  There are some who try to attain employment by providing fake degrees and related documents.  To combat this, the Qatari government has firm requirements and procedures for Canadian educational documents for use in Qatar.   Along with the appropriate fees, and original degrees, transcripts, and letters of confirmation of graduation, you will have to contact the university which issued your degree and instruct them to send additional materials directly to the embassy.  Without these materials, your educational documents will not be accepted for legalization.  We also recommend you know the dimension of your degree.  If you do not have your degree or if it is damaged, you may be able to order a duplicate original from the issuing university for a fee.  If you need to do this we recommend you have the degree shipped directly to our office to save you even more time, especially if you are currently located outside of Canada.

We at Document Legalization of Canada can help you in this very complex procedures.  Please call our Document Expert Staff at 1-833-700-5342 or email us at [email protected] for a free quote.

Document Legalization – Apostille Service at the Netherlands Embassy in Canada – Help From Our Document Expert Agent at Document Legalization of Canada Inc.,

Canada-Netherlands bilateral relationship, has progressed during WWII.  Canada benefit from mutual commercial and foreign policy interests, which flow from common commitment to multilateralism, free and inclusive trade and the rules-based international order.  In recent years we seen an increase in the Canadian documents being processed for use in the Netherlands and the Dutch Caribbean, which also known as the ABC islands.   The recent increase in document processing is due to employment, furthering of education, and citizenship.  With many requiring an updated birth certificate or marriage certificate. 

Authentication Canadian Documents for use in Holland, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, St Eustatius, and St Maarten

The Netherlands is home to The Hague Apostille Convention, for a document to be accepted it must follow the country of origins process which for Canada is the authentication and legalization process.  Having a Canadian birth certificate, a Canadian marriage certificate, a Canadian divorce certificate, a statement in lieu of certificate of non-impediment to marriage, a marriage records search, a single status declaration, a Canadian death certificate or other Canadian document for use in the Netherlands or any of it’s Caribbean territories like an RCMP Canadian Police Check for Aruba, they will need to go through this two way process of authentication and legalization. 

Global Affairs Canada will authenticates documents within a time from of 15 to 20 business days by mail or longer we at Document Legalization of Canada can shorten this complex process to either 1, 3 business days.  Check more about our authentication services and how our Document Expert Agent can assist you.  Or Call us at 1-833-700-5342 or email us at [email protected] for a free quote.

International Trade Document Specialists – Your Gateway to the Middle East Market

You have been asked by Middle Eastern importers to authenticate and legalize Export Documents such as Certificate of Origin and a Commercial Invoice to be attested by an embassy.  Some embassies won’t recognize these export documents to be valid until they have gone through Canada’s two-step process of authentication at Global Affairs Canada and then legalized at the foreign embassy.   The increasing number of international trade between Canada and Middle Eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Oman and Kuwait make the process of authentication and legalization a complex as each country has its own rules and regulation in authentication and legalization of Export Document.  Some countries in the Middle East that might require attestation of Export Documents are Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Yemen, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.   As those countries refer to Export Documents attestation as Export Document Legalization.

Middle Eastern embassies have a strict requirements in legalization of Export Documents. Having worked with these embassies for over 5 years, they are committed to ensuring quality products for their developing economies.  Our Document Specialist Agent at Document Legalization of Canada Inc., will make sure you have exactly what you will need to have your Canadian export documents accepted by these Middle Eastern countries when you use our service.  Contact us at 1-833-700-5342 or email us at [email protected] for a free consultation.

Getting your Canadian Export Documents ready for the Attestation for the Middle East

The first step in having your Export Documents used abroad, it must meet the requirements of your local Chamber of Commerce or Board of Trade.  If you are not a member of your Chamber then we at Document Legalization of Canada Inc., has been working with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce for years in helping our clients.  They will assist in the certification of your Certificate of Origin by using their online TradeCer service. 

Documents that may need attestation with your Export Documents

Other documents that you might be asked to be authenticated at Global Affairs Canada and legalized at a foreign embassy include: Certificate of a Pharmaceutical Product (CPP), Good Manufacturing Practice Certificate (GMP) and/or International Trade Certificate (ITC).  We at Document Legalization of Canada Inc., can assist you with any Canadian documents that you might need to use in the Middle East.

We at Document Legalization of Canada Inc.,  the first and foremost provider of Authentication and Legalization services in Canada can help you and provide you a peace of mind, while we take care of your Export Document Legalization.  Therefore call us at 1-833-700-5342 or email us at [email protected] to find out how our Document Export Agent can help you.